Apex Facility Resources is focused on delivering a different approach to clients who are moving and/or building a workplace to compete for top talent and improve the bottom line. Our holistic approach fills the project gaps reducing stress and distractions while saving time and money. Check out a few client stories as examples of ways our team delivers peace of mind in the face of a stressful workspace transition.
- Move smart. Break the “old-school” mindset of company relocations with Apex delivering a single source solution blending services and office furniture Working at Apex, you solve tough problems helping our client’s build a smarter workspace to compete for top talent and improve the wellness of their employees.
- Move different. Seize the opportunity to work with exciting companies breaking the mold of the old “fixed in place” workspace. Co-create workspaces that support the evolution of people and technology in the modern workspace.
- Move forward. If you are feeling stuck in your current role, get unstuck working in an innovative culture where you can make a difference. We invest in you with personal and professional development through our unique “Apex University” with over 3,000 career and leadership courses. We have a track record of developing and promoting our best talent to deliver on our promise of improving the lives of our clients and the community we serve.
Founded in 1997 by Marlaine McCauley, Apex has bootstrapped their growth to $10M+ revenues and a team of 50. Their two new offices include the HQ Operations Center in Kent and the Workspace Planning Studio in downtown Seattle. Apex team members embrace our core values with a passion to CREATE: Customer Driven, Responsive, Employee Satisfaction, Agile, Team and Excellence.
The Corporate Account Consultant (CAC) contacts potential customers through both company leads and dedicated self-generation to develop product and service sales opportunities through sources such as (but not limited to) commercial property management, commercial brokers, architects, designers, business incubators (Regus, WeWork, Premier, Impact Hub, etc.) and targeted business channels. The CAC works with customers to determine all of the applicable Apex facility resources products and services for their specific projects. They continually prospect for viable new opportunities while developing a key awareness of competition in the market.
This position reports to Steven Hettema the Seattle market’s Corporate Account Director (CAD) and VP of Sales. Steve is an Author and published public speaker on the subjects of business leadership, finance, personal and professional development. He has personally coached hundreds of sales people to become top performers in their sales field. Steve has a passion for working with coachable talent to help them exceed their own expectations professionally and financially.
TOP 3 OUTCOMES IN YEAR 1:
- $500,000 in gross sales of products and services
- 25% Average Gross Profit.
- 25% of sales from Self-Generated leads.
ROLE KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Identify commercial business opportunities in the market that offer the maximum potential based upon company experience and Apex’s proficiency in the market. Define at least one business channel specialty.
- Working with the CAD, develop personal sales goals and a business plan to achieve them with a primary focus on targeted market channel specialty.
- Design and produce a Business Channel Target Pack for chosen business channel specialty.
- Make contacts and cultivate relationships with various industry decision makers within the Business Channel Specialty that may have need for facility resources such as space planning/design, reconfiguration, new or used furniture, office moves, warehousing and asset management.
- Take proactive action to drive increased sales performance in order to achieve gross sales and gross profit objectives.
- Submit Weekly Call Sheets to the CAD.
- Meet with CAD monthly to evaluate market channel penetration growth and call results in Business Channel Target Pack.
- Possesses furniture and facility resource product and service knowledge in order to be able to sell the best products and services to each customer and answer their questions.
- Conduct research through avenues such as the web, periodicals, and networking to determine prospective clients.
- Work with potential customers to layout, design, & coordinate office and facility services and products delivery and installation.
- Conduct a Preliminary Project Planning Meeting with your assigned team made up of a Designer, Project Coordinator, and Project Manager as needed on new projects.
- Meet weekly with your Project Coordinator and Project Manager to review progress on all live projects.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Up to 80% travel to various market locations.
- Complete CAC 30, 60, 90, 120, and 180-day Basic Knowledge and Performance Proficiency requirements within the stated timeframe.
- Attend weekly sales training meetings.
- Attend additional individual training as necessary.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Knowledge: HS Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing is preferred; 3-5 years’ experience in end user, outside sales with some business to business sales background; experience in one or more of the Apex product or service lines. Construction experience is also preferred, as well as knowledge of various furniture and facility resources such as space planning/design, reconfiguration, new or used furniture, office moves, warehousing, asset management, carpet, flooring, etc., is a plus.
- Skills: Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with various levels of internal and external management while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times; good ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment; strong ability to work independently and be self-motivated; excellent math skills; ability to work in fast-paced environment; excellent ability to routinely call on personally harvested leads and grow market share.
- Ability: Associate will and spend a significant amount of time (i.e., 50%) working on a computer which requires using a keyboard to enter data and send and respond to emails. This position requires the ability to use a phone and write with a pen or pencil. The ability to travel to customer locations is required. The ability to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. The ability to report to work on a regular basis.
- Work Environment: This position is an outside sales position with 20% of the time spent in an office/cubicle setting. The noise level ranges from moderate to high with travel to customer locations.
This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not preclude management’s authority to add or change duties or responsibilities. Individuals requiring accommodation should contact a Human Resources Representative.