The Corporate Account Executive (CAE) contacts potential customers through candidates existing book of business, company leads, and aggressive self-generation to develop product and service sales opportunities. Sales opportunities include (but are not limited to) commercial property management, commercial brokers, architects, designers, business incubators (Regus, WeWork, Premier, Impact Hub, etc.) and targeted business channels. The CAE works with customers to determine all of the applicable Apex facility resources products and services for their specific projects. They will call on their existing book of business and continually prospect for viable new opportunities while developing a key awareness of what is happening within the market’s geographic area.
This position reports to Steven Hettema, the Seattle market’s Corporate Account Director (CAD) and VP of Sales. Steve is an Author and published public speaker on the subjects of business leadership, finance, personal and professional development. He has personally coached hundreds of sales people to become top performers in their sales field. Steve has a passion for working with coachable talent to help them exceed their own expectations professionally and financially.
TOP 3 OUTCOMES IN YEAR 1
- $1,000,000 in combined gross sales from all products and service lines
- 25% Average Gross Profit.
- 25% of sales from Self-Generated leads.
ROLE KEY ACTIVITIES
- Identify commercial business opportunities in the market that offer the maximum potential based upon company experience and Apex’s proficiency in the market. Define at least one business channel specialty.
- Working with the CAD, develop personal sales goals and a business plan to achieve them with a primary focus on targeted market channel specialty.
- Design and produce a Business Channel Target Pack for chosen business channel specialty.
- Make contacts and cultivate relationships with various industry decision makers within the Business Channel Specialty that may have need for facility resources such as space planning/design, reconfiguration, new or used furniture, office moves, warehousing and asset management.
- Take proactive action to drive increased sales performance in order to achieve gross sales and gross profit objectives.
- Submit Weekly Call Sheets to the CAD.
- Meet with CAD monthly to evaluate market channel penetration growth and call results in Business Channel Target Pack.
- Possesses furniture and facility resource product and service knowledge in order to be able to sell the best products and services to each customer and answer their questions.
- Conduct research through avenues such as the web, periodicals, and networking to determine prospective clients.
- Work with potential customers to layout, design, & coordinate office and facility services and products delivery and installation.
- Conduct a Preliminary Project Planning Meeting with your assigned team made up of a Designer, Project Coordinator, and Project Manager as needed on new projects.
- Meet weekly with your Project Coordinator and Project Manager to review progress on all live projects.
- Assist the CAD in the training of Corporate Account Consultants and Representatives as well as new team members.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Up to 90% travel to various market locations.
- Complete CAE 30, 60, 90, 120, and 180 day Basic Knowledge and Performance Proficiency requirements within the stated timeframe.
- Attend weekly sales training meetings.
- Attend additional individual training as necessary.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
- HS Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing is preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in end-user, outside sales with significant B2B sales success
- Experience in one or more of the Apex product or service lines (space planning/design, workspace reconfiguration, new or used furniture sales, office moves, carpet, flooring, commercial project management, office relocations).
- Facility staffing, and facility management is required.
- Construction and/or space renovation experience is also a plus.
- Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint),
- Excellent business sales skills (i.e. communication through writing, presentation development, delivery, and project management).
- Strong oral communication skills (with internal and external partners); excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and meet sales goals
- Team player; good listening skills and the ability to communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Takeoff skills and experience with various measure systems.
- Associate will spend approximately 10% of the time working on a computer that requires using a keyboard to enter data and send and respond to emails, reach with hands and arms to pick up objects such as files.
- Ability to walk or move throughout a facility to observe behaviors, talk and hear.
- Associate must have the ability to travel regularly by car or plane and the ability to get in and out of cars and to navigate airports on a regular basis.
- This position requires the ability to use a phone and write with a pen or pencil.
- This position requires the ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- The ability to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The ability to report to work on a regular basis.
- This position consists of approximately 90 percent outside sales.
- This position requires a significant amount of driving travel.
- Approximately 10% of the time will be in an office setting.
This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not preclude management’s authority to add or change duties or responsibilities. Individuals requiring accommodation should contact a Human Resources Representative.