Why Apex? We are fun, innovative and engaged! Come with your individual strengths, ready to commit to our team and you will create your success with Apex.
Who are we? At Apex, we improve the lives of others by delivering innovative workspace solutions built for the changes ahead. Smart companies need smarter, one-stop solutions to planning, furnishing, relocating, warehousing and expanding their productive workspaces.
What is the Job?
General Summary: Direct all functions and oversee staff responsible for the daily operation of the warehouse and distribution and its related services including: Warehousing, delivery, customer storage, refurbishing, project management, inventory, and facilities.
Basic Function: The Warehouse Manager has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse and delivery activities on a daily basis. Is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, and delivery of product in a manner consistent with the company service and cost objectives. Key responsibilities include; maintenance of the facility and equipment, implementation of safety/security/ and sanitation programs. The Warehouse manager will effectively hire and train personnel.
How is Success Defined?
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times
- Adhere to and promote company policies and procedures
- Assist other departments as required
- Oversee maintenance of clean and safe work areas with area managers – in warehouse and off site.
- Work to correct any observed quality problems
- Perform any function that may be required to achieve customer delight while managing customer expectations
- Maintain and submit accurate expense reports
- Ability to assist/direct project managers supervising a project of any size.
- Review post-installation process with project managers
- Display strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Development and training of all warehouse personnel:
- Evaluation of process – Installation, Product, Self-directed work teams, TQM, Budgeting process and Safety
- Evaluate product from a technical view point
- Present operations capabilities to existing and potential customers with appropriate team members
- Oversight of company facilities and related maintenance – Evaluate related costs/budgets, Equipment/Vehicles, Maintenance of valid permits and Compliance with all required codes
- Develop, improve, and expand service capabilities of company
- Assist in development of marketing and presentation materials as related to services
- Conduct internal and external quality surveys related to service – Site interviews with customers
- Conduct and attend operations team meetings – Set and follow agendas, Disseminate information to staff
- Promotes and demonstrates Apex’s Core Values
You Must Have:
- Knowledge of office furniture systems,
- Ability to use technology at an above average level, and utilize it to enhance their job performance,
- Exceptional organizational skills,
- Able to lift 75lbs or more with the help of equipment,
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
You Must Be
- Natural problem solver – you see solutions to problems easily
- Able to make the complex simple
- Finisher vs. starter
- Always teachable (receives coaching)/Continuous learner (self-motivated)
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required,
- A college degree is preferred or combination of education and 3 or more years of applicable experience