Apex Facility Resources is focused on delivering a different approach to clients who are moving and/or building a workplace to compete for top talent and improve the bottom line. Our holistic approach fills the project gaps reducing stress and distractions while saving time and money. Check out a few client stories as examples of ways our team delivers peace of mind in the face of a stressful workspace transition.
- Move smart. Break the “old-school” mindset of company relocations with Apex delivering a single source solution blending services and office furniture Working at Apex, you solve tough problems helping our client’s build a smarter workspace to compete for top talent and improve the wellness of their employees.
- Move different. Seize the opportunity to work with exciting companies breaking the mold of the old “fixed in place” workspace. Co-create workspaces that support the evolution of people and technology in the modern workspace.
- Move forward. If you are feeling stuck in your current role, get unstuck working in an innovative culture where you can make a difference. We invest in you with personal and professional development through our unique “Apex University” with over 3,000 career and leadership courses. We have a track record of developing and promoting our best talent to deliver on our promise of improving the lives of our clients and the community we serve.
Founded in 1997 by Marlaine McCauley, Apex has bootstrapped their growth to $10M+ revenues and a team of 50. Their two new offices include the HQ Operations Center in Kent and the Workspace Planning Studio in downtown Seattle. Apex team members embrace our core values with a passion to CREATE: Customer Driven, Responsive, Employee Satisfaction, Agile, Team and Excellence.
The Lead Mover assists in the relocation of office furniture, E-Crates, peripherals, etc. at commercial customer sites around the greater Seattle area. The Lead Mover is one of the last points of contact for the customer in the sales process and contributes to the goal of providing an extraordinary customer experience and the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
This position reports to Scott Scranton, Operations Manager. Scott is an industry expert, presenting with 25 years of experience in Project Management, Customer Service, Space Planning, Facilities Management and Vendor Management. His knowledge of the service industry and his ability to lead a team to success is his biggest asset.
TOP 3 OUTCOMES IN YEAR 1:
- Become proficient with Apex Facility Resources relocation standards outlined in the 30/60/90-day training plan.
- Complete 3 safety trainings from Apex Insperity training.
- Delight the client as measured by client satisfaction surveys.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relocation process at it applies to commercial moving.
- Previous experience as a Lead Mover with a team of 10 plus or commercial relocation experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic hand tools & drill
- Professional appearance – clean clothes, good hygiene, well-kept facial hair
- Ability to lift/move 50-100 pounds
- Ability to teach, lead, motivate, and adapt to various situations
- Knowledge of systems furniture and processes
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and management
- Implement relocation processes accurately (origin, destination, building protection, turning trucks, crew utilization)
- Evaluate processes and employees – find areas for improvement
- Promote a safe, professional, and friendly environment
- Implement strategies that better help co-workers, as well as the company, progress
- Promote and represent company professionally and effectively, both on and off the job sites.
- Diploma/GED or 10+ years in the relocation industry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If this sounds like a position to move you to the next level of your career, apply now to [email protected]. We look forward to speaking with you!