Apex Facility Resources is focused on delivering a different approach to clients who are moving and/or building a workplace to compete for top talent and improve the bottom line. Our holistic approach fills the project gaps reducing stress and distractions while saving time and money. Check out a few client stories as examples of ways our team delivers peace of mind in the face of a stressful workspace transition.
- Move smart. Break the “old-school” mindset of company relocations with Apex delivering a single source solution blending services and office furniture Working at Apex, you solve tough problems helping our client’s build a smarter workspace to compete for top talent and improve the wellness of their employees.
- Move different. Seize the opportunity to work with exciting companies breaking the mold of the old “fixed in place” workspace. Co-create workspaces that support the evolution of people and technology in the modern workspace.
- Move forward. If you are feeling stuck in your current role, get unstuck working in an innovative culture where you can make a difference. We invest in you with personal and professional development through our unique “Apex University” with over 3,000 career and leadership courses. We have a track record of developing and promoting our best talent to deliver on our promise of improving the lives of our clients and the community we serve.
Founded in 1997 by Marlaine McCauley, Apex has bootstrapped their growth to $10M+ revenues and a team of 50. Their two new offices include the HQ Operations Center in Kent and the Workspace Planning Studio in downtown Seattle. Apex team members embrace our core values with a passion to CREATE: Customer Driven, Responsive, Employee Satisfaction, Agile, Team and Excellence.
The Sales Assistant (SA) is a key role in the Apex sales and transaction process. As the liaison between 3-4 of the business developing sales team, Project Coordinator, and Designer, the SA is the center of our sales and transacting success. A successful SA assists the business development team to plan, track, and report on their lead generating activity, interacts directly with customers to obtain needed company and contact information, assists the Project Coordinator with accurate data entry, and conducts small design changes to space planning projects as needed by the designer. They continually work to ensure the entire team is supported and all deals move quickly and accurately through the sales process.
This position reports to Steven Hettema the Seattle market’s Corporate Account Director (CAD) and VP of Sales. Steve is an Author and published public speaker on the subjects of business growth, leadership, finance, personal and professional development. He has personally coached hundreds of sales people to become top performers in their sales field. Steve has a passion for working with coachable talent to help them exceed their own expectations professionally and financially.
TOP 3 OUTCOMES IN YEAR 1:
- Serve as a beneficial Sales Assistant to at least 3 business development team members and their support teams while always looking for ways to reduce the sales cycle.
- Can consistently mange projects from lead to sale, through transaction and order fulfillment.
- 50% NPS Customer Satisfaction rating
ROLE KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Become an effective Sales Assistant to 3-4 of the business development sales team members.
- Track sales cycle time on each project always looking for ways to reduce the sales cycle time.
- Learn the Apex product lines and the furniture manufacturer cannon, who to contact, how to get product info and pricing.
- Assists the business development team to plan, track, and report on their lead generating activity to achieve a self-generated lead KPI of NLT 25% from their specified business channels.
- Schedules sales appointments for their business development team
- Interacts directly with customers to obtain needed company and contact information for CRM and Accounting systems entry.
- Conducts small design changes to space planning projects as needed by the Designer using Giza or CAP.
- Obtains needed information to accurately provide project quotes
- Generates accurate and timely sales proposals using 2020 worksheet and power point.
- Attends pipeline reviews and project planning meetings
- Communicates project delays or changes to all parties
- Performs clerical assistance as needed
- Handles calls from past clients for new products and services that don’t required the attention of the business developer respectively
- Create, organize, and maintain project files in Sharepoint
- Provide information to Project Coordinators and administrative department for issuance of invoices, credit memos, and price corrections
- Assist their business development team with regular communications to client throughout projects
- Attend internal network and marketing events and offer hospitality services as needed
- Research products and pricing
- Coordinates product selection with lead times and required install dates
- Ensures product selection and pricing cuisine with customer budgets
- Order samples from manufacturers for delivery to clients
- Places and tracks orders
- Check acknowledgements
- Coordinates with ops to schedule projects
- Calls customers to set up delivery and installation
- Attends and participates in regular sales meetings
- Help develop programs and policies to improve sales process efficiency
- Conduct showroom tours and host customer test drives
- 3rd backup for front desk phones
- Assist their business development team with timely expense report submission
- Assist with scheduling travel arrangements as needed
- Coordinates meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes
- Assists business development team members to prepare their weekly call sheets
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete the SA 30, 60, 90, 120, and 180 day Basic Knowledge and Performance Proficiency requirements within the stated timeframe.
- Attend weekly sales training meetings.
- Attend additional individual training as necessary.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Knowledge: HS Diploma/GED, Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent is preferred; 1-3 years’ related experience; Construction experience is also preferred, as well as knowledge of various furniture and facility resources such as space planning/design, reconfiguration, new or used furniture, office moves, warehousing, asset management, carpet, flooring, etc., is a plus.
- Skills: Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with various levels of internal and external management while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times; good ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment; strong ability to work independently and be self-motivated; excellent math skills; ability to work in fast-paced environment; excellent ability to forensically research leads and market trends.
- Ability: Associate will and spend a significant amount of time (i.e., 50%) working on a computer which requires using a keyboard to enter data and send and respond to emails. This position requires the ability to use a phone and write with a pen or pencil. The ability to travel to customer locations is required. The ability to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. The ability to report to work on a regular basis.
- Work Environment: This position is both an inside and outside sales assistant role with 50% of the time spent in an office/cubicle setting. The noise level ranges from moderate to high with travel to customer locations.
If this sounds like the perfect career move for you, submit your information to the Apex team at [email protected]. We look forward to speaking with you!