Apex Facility Resources is focused on delivering a different approach to clients who are moving and/or building a workplace to compete for top talent and improve the bottom line. Our holistic approach fills the project gaps reducing stress and distractions while saving time and money. Check out a few client stories as examples of ways our team delivers peace of mind in the face of a stressful workspace transition.
- Move smart. Break the “old-school” mindset of company relocations with Apex delivering a single source solution blending services and office furniture Working at Apex, you solve tough problems helping our client’s build a smarter workspace to compete for top talent and improve the wellness of their employees.
- Move different. Seize the opportunity to work with exciting companies breaking the mold of the old “fixed in place” workspace. Co-create workspaces that support the evolution of people and technology in the modern workspace.
- Move forward. If you are feeling stuck in your current role, get unstuck working in an innovative culture where you can make a difference. We invest in you with personal and professional development through our unique “Apex University” with over 3,000 career and leadership courses. We have a track record of developing and promoting our best talent to deliver on our promise of improving the lives of our clients and the community we serve.
Founded in 1997 by Marlaine McCauley, Apex has bootstrapped their growth to $10M+ revenues and a team of 50. Their two new offices include the HQ Operations Center in Kent and the Workspace Planning Studio in downtown Seattle. Apex team members embrace our core values with a passion to CREATE: Customer Driven, Responsive, Employee Satisfaction, Agile, Team and Excellence.
The Sales Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and support duties, which require a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. These tasks will primarily be in support of the company’s executive team and human resource department. This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgment.
The right candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and bias for action, be customer-service oriented, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. Having great organization skills and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice will ensure success. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals (inside and outside the company) is imperative.
General Executive and Administrative
- Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements
- Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Schedule extensive travel while being cost effective with air/hotel/ground transportation
- Keep working showroom tidy & always in show-condition
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones)
- Complete and file expense reports utilizing domestic currencies
- Drive team activities (including staff meeting agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics)
- Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings, including in-person/on-site, off-site, audio conferences (international, stateside, and local), and video conferences
- Close collaboration with departmental EA peers
- Responsible for all space planning activities within the organization/local office
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Project/program management: Support annual operational planning process, business planning, and performance review cycles
- Serve as a business partner ensuring strategic, proactive, and thoughtful support of the business cycle
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to always maintain a high level of ethics, confidentiality, and responsibility
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision
- Ability to set priorities and organize time to see projects through to successful completion and ensure that projects are not lost or forgotten as new needs emerge
- Confidently works and communicates with a diverse group of people, including business owners, external partners, and all staff
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based programs, including Excel, Word, and Outlook, with the ability to quickly learn new computer based programs and technology
- Meticulous attention to detail at all levels of work, with a high degree of accuracy
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment, with the ability to anticipate problems and needs, problem-solve, and act independently while ensuring alignment with the organization’s values and priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrating diplomacy and the ability to form positive working relationships primarily through phone and email
- Strong customer service skills, including responsiveness, a pleasant phone and email presence, and a “can-do” attitude in resolving problems and concerns quickly and correctly
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5 years related experience and/or training in a fast-paced environment; proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Previous experience supporting executive level in a fast paced, ambiguous sales environment
- Strong ownership, communication, and partnering skills
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
If this looks like the next position for your career goals, reply with your resumeto [email protected]. We look forward to speaking with you!