Apex Facility Resources located in Kent, WA, is looking to fill an on-site furniture Installer and Mover position.
Our atmosphere is friendly, innovative, and challenging. Our management creates and maintains a diverse workspace, promotes mutual respect, and fosters personal growth.
This dedication to our culture is why we have been recognized as one of Washington's Best Places to Work in 2021, a year that brought many challenges but also helped establish our fun and flexible culture.
We are actively recruiting to fill the important role of Installer and Mover.
- Performs efficient moving, reconfiguration, installation and assembly of furniture within a wide range of office and medical facilities including systems furniture, case goods, accessories, wall-hung units, etc.
- Responsible for timely completion of the work with a high level of workmanship, professional customer interface and a high degree of client satisfaction.
- Safely drives loaded 26’ box truck in an urban environment.
- Perform disassembly and reassembly of all various office systems furniture
- Properly load and pack the truck for deliveries
- Perform loading, sorting, staging, packing, and transportation of customer-owned product between client sites or between warehouse and sites
- Adhere to departmental procedures, policies, and standards of conduct while off-site
- Accurately complete and submit required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ability to safely operate a 26’ box truck in a major city environment while following all traffic laws and maintaining awareness of pedestrian safety.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Education & Experience
- HS Diploma/GED preferred
- Must possess a valid WA driver's license or WA state ID and reliable transportation.
- 1-3 years of experience driving a box truck in a professional environment
- 1-3 years of experience as a commercial furniture installer
- No major traffic infractions including at-fault accidents
- Interfaces professionally with customers at all times
- Full compliance with Apex Code of Conduct and safety policies
- Communication: Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift 75 lbs. and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to stand for entire shift and walk up to 10 miles a day.
- Resourcefulness: ability to find way around barriers to success and is flexible in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must possess the following traits:
- Natural problem solver - sees solutions to problems easily; makes the complex simple.
- Finisher vs. starter.
- Enthusiastically embraces change.
- Teachable (receives coaching)/Continuous learner (self-motivated).
Apex Facility Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties. Individuals requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned and not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.